Every platform is a micro blogging platform if you view it in the right way.
Most people don’t use the description in Instagram for content very well. This is a missed opportunity.
Instagram has a description, use it.
- Create a hook headline in the image.
- Use the first 3 lines of the caption to draw people in to read more.
- Write a micro blog post in the caption.
I use this to:
- build up content in small chunks quickly which I can the re-purpose as a longer blog post later.
- create stand alone content and I’ll share the link to the Instagram post on twitter as an alternative to writing a blog post.
- create a ‘compilation’ blog post which I build from 2, 3, 4 or more Instagram posts.
Instagram doesn’t seem to get indexed by Google so this is mainly for building up for followers and organic search on instagram itself - so you need to have an effective Instagram tagging strategy in place to support your content.
Instagram is a micro blogging platform, as well as an ‘image sharing’ site.